CUSTOM PACKAGING & MEDIA MANUFACTURING
We manufacture media with creative, custom packaging including unique die cuts, special printing effects, and eco-friendly options. Media options include discs, usbs, and video panels. Packaging options include cd, dvd, books, boxes, vinyl LPs, digipaks, jackets, covers, mailers, and more. Custom is what we do!
Click on the media & packaging tabs to learn more.
- Our Products
- Hardcover Books
- Box Sets
- Blue Note LPs
- Video Screens
- CD / DVD Discs
- USB Drives
We make custom packaging for media, and the media itself. Nothing is off the shelf here so we do not have on-line purchases. But you can browse and add things to your wishlist to help build your spec for a custom quote. Every title tends to have a unique spec because there are TONS of options. In fact, it can be hard to categorize products because they often overlap several categories! We’ve tried to create several main categories for your browsing. Please take a look at the tabs to the right for the following types of products:
- Hardcover Books (CD, DVD, Vinyl, Custom Size)
- LPs (CD, Vinyl)
- Digipaks (CD, DVD)
- Jackets/Covers/Mailers (CD, DVD,Vinyl)
- Video Screens (Brochures, Boxes, Notebooks, Kiosks, Cards)
- USB Manufacturing & Packaging
- Disc Manufacturing (CD, DVD, BluRay)
- Various Add-ons: Slipcases, Booklets, etc.
We also created some Special Collections & Sets to help your browsing experience. You can find these further below on this page.
Hardcover Books are beautiful, deluxe coffee table type books that hold media and have inner pages. You can look at all book types here:
The book size frequently reflects the type of media, but not always. Mixed media collections often take the form of 12×12″, for example. Popular size options:
- CD Book – Dimensions Approx. 5×5″
- DVD Book – Dimensions Approx. 5×7″ or 7×5″
- Vinyl Book – Dimensions Approx. 12×12″
- Custom Books – Custom Dimensions (e.g., Storybook, or 6×8″, 7×9″, etc.)
Hardcover books are made by wrapping a rigid chipboard material. The outside wrap can be printed, or a linen or leather material. The inside wrap can be printed, or a solid black or kraft paper wrap.
Books can hold any number of pages you want, starting at 8pp and increasing by 4pp increments. Most books do not go over 100pp.
There are several ways to hold the media depending on the type(s) of media. Options include trays (clear, paper, foam), hubs (cork, foam), and sleeves (glued on or swinging).
We make many types of box sets and can do them in any size! You can view lots of types of boxes on our Box Set Page:
SPECIFIC TYPES OF BOXES:
Deluxe/Chipboard Boxes Rigid Box Sets are made with a chipboard core. They are deluxe boxes and generally hold media and sometimes other retail items. Boxes can be 1 piece hinged, or 2 piece top and bottom lid. These types of boxes can be printed or wrapped with material. Video Screen Boxes are specialized boxes and have an LCD panel built into them for internet free delivery of your video.
Art Card Boxes Portfolio / Software Boxes are collapsible boxes that are made with an art card stock (15/16pt or 310gsm+). These frequently have a built in shelf for media.
Slipcase Box Sets involve a slipcase around other packaging elements. For example, a slipcase to hold a multidisc digipak set together, or multiple jackets. Slipcases are made of art card (15/16pt 310 gsm+) and can be collapsed.
Authentic Blue Note LPs are made in the same way as yesterday. We start with a rigid chipboard core, apply printed wraps to the outside and inside, and finish the product with a lamination.
- Rigid, chipboard core product
- Printed 4C wrap outside and across inside (continuous art)
- Choice of gloss or matte lamination
- 1 or 2 Outward facing pockets
- Inner Sleeves: Black Matte, Vellum, 1C, 4C
- Booklets: 4pp +
Question: What makes a digipak a digipak?
Answer: a Tray
All Digipaks Page
The nature of the tray really defines the size of the packaging. Common options are CD Sized, DVD Sized, or MegaTall (used for multidisc collections).
- CD Sized 5×5″
- DVD Sized 5×7″, 7×5″
- MegaTall 10″ (uses 5″ trays on one panel)
Trays can be the traditional plastic, clear trays, or we have special eco-friendly recycled paper trays (see Eco Digipaks) for a plastic free alternative. Custom made foam trays give you additional flexibility as we can create them in any size or configuration (e.g., disc & usb combo).
Paper stock thickness is usually 15/16pt (310gsm), although we can go thicker…up to 28pt. Lamination is another way to add thickness. Types of paper include a crisp white, recycled, uncoated matte, and fiberboard.
- Printing 4C/0C or 4C/4C
- Paper thickness from 15/16pt to 28pt
- Choice of trays:
- Clear trays (5″, 7″, single or double disc)
- Paper trays (100% recycled with cork hub, 5″ only)
- Foam trays (perfect for custom configurations)
- Special paper stocks
- Special Effects Printing
Jackets are super versatile. We can make them in any size, with numerous types of paper stocks, and the media can be help in numerous ways.
- Dimensions: (Any!) Common Folded Size: 5×5″, 5×7″, 6×8″, 9×11″, 12×12″
- 2pp Sleeve Jackets, 4pp, 6pp, 8pp, 10pp Gatefolds, 10pp Cross Shaped, Custom Shaped
- Paper Stocks: White Crisp, Recycled, Uncoated Matte, Fiberboard
- Hold Media in Pockets – *Many* Different Pocket Styles
- Hold Media in Sleeves – Glued-on Sleeves or Swinging Sleeves
- Hold Media with Disc Hubs – Cork Hubs, Black or White Foam Hubs
- Special Effects: Foil, Spot Gloss, Embossing, and Die Cuts/Knock Outs
Take a look at our top level jacket page to browse all kinds of jackets:
All Jackets Page
SOME SPECIFIC JACKET TYPES:
See also: Authentic BlueNote LPs made with Chipboard Core (CD or Vinyl Size)
Authentic Blue Note LPs