Hardbound books can be made with sleeves, either glued on sleeve pockets or swinging.
Glued on sleeve pockets can be:
- Made of a black matte paper (often matches inner wrap)
- Fully printed 4C
- Solid or with a die cut center hole or thumbnotch at top
- Glued to front or back panel
- Part of the inner pages but a thicker material
- Can hold 1 or 2 discs, or a booklet or photos
- Can be a solid sleeve, or with a die cut center, or with a top thumbnotch
- Available printed or solid color paper
Hardbound Book Construction:
- Heavy chipboard core material (thick coffee table book or textbook)
- Outside wrap can be 4C Printed 120gsm wrap, glued and laminated in place
- Outside wrap can also be linen or hemp fabric, or leather vinyl material
- Inside wrap can be 4C or a solid kraft paper
- Inner Pages are either attached to the wrap at the spine if lightweight (<16pp)
or one panel is glued to the book for stability if it is a larger size
Slipcases can also be made.
Examples of Hardbound Books with Sleeves:
Click on above pictures to see a larger image,
or click on the tabs below to see specific examples!